Legionella Testing in Montgomery County
Legionella Investigation & Testing in Lehigh County, Northampton County, Bucks County, Mercer County, Burlington County, Chester County, Norristown, & Philadelphia
Eagle Industrial Hygiene can assist with evaluating your facility for the presence of Legionella bacteria, the microbe responsible for Legionellosis (Legionnaires' Disease and Pontiac Fever).
Learn More About Our Legionella Testing Services
ASHRAE (the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers) Standard 188, Legionellosis: Risk Management for Building Water Systems identifies the following building-related risk factors associated with Legionellosis:
- Multiple rooms supplied by a centralized hot water heater
- Healthcare facility
- Immunocompromised occupants
- More than 10 stories
- Whirlpools and/or spas
- Aerosol-generating water features or devices such as fountains, evaporative condensers, misters, and/or air washers
The first step in complying with the provisions of ASHRAE Standard 188 is to survey your facility and determine if it meets any of the above-listed risk factors. If so, you should develop and implement a program to manage the risk of building-related Legionellosis.
The program incorporates the following seven elements:
- Conduct a hazard analysis
- Determine the control locations
- Establish control limits for each control location
- Set up a system to monitor the control locations
- Determine the corrective action to be taken when monitoring indicates that a particular control location is not being controlled
- Establish verification procedures to confirm the effectiveness of the risk-management program
- Document and maintain records of all procedures and actions
Eagle Industrial Hygiene provides the services necessary to comply with ASHRA Standard 188 and can assist in investigations of Legionellosis outbreaks. Legionella investigations and testing are conducted by a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), experienced in the characterization and remediation of Legionella in building water systems.
Samples are analyzed by an AIHA LAP/ISO 17025-accredited laboratory that participates in the ELITE proficiency testing program for Legionella bacteria.
Contact us online or at (215) 268-7347 to learn more.
“We have worked with this company many times and are happy to say that they are very good and thoughrough in what they do”- Anthony P.
“Would highly recommend Eagle Industrial Hygiene Associates. They are prompt and very knowledgeable.”- ServiceMaster
“Their professional staff and industrial hygienists are skilled and very well trained. I would highly recommend Eagle Industrial Hygiene for all your environmental needs.”- Rick R.