Industrial Hygiene in Lehigh County, Northampton County, Bucks County, Mercer County, Burlington County, Chester County, Norristown, & Philadelphia
Industrial hygiene is the science and art of anticipating, recognizing, evaluating, and controlling workplace conditions that may cause worker illness or injury. Industrial hygienists use investigative techniques, job hazard analysis, exposure monitoring, and compliance standards to evaluate the extent and circumstances of worker exposures. Using their specialized training and education, they recommend appropriate engineering or work practice controls and other methods to reduce or eliminate potential health hazards.
The U.S. Congress passed three landmark pieces of legislation relating to safeguarding workers' health: The Metal and Nonmetallic Mines Safety Act of 1966, the Federal Coal Mine Safety and Health Act of 1969, and the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970.
Today, nearly every employer is required to implement the elements of an occupational health and safety program and to be compliant with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and its regulations.
Industrial hygienists are committed to keeping workers, their families, and the community healthy and safe. They ensure that federal, state, and local laws and regulations are followed in and around the work environment.
Typical roles of an industrial hygienist include:
- Evaluating the workplace for hazards and potential dangers
- Recommending improvements for the safety of workers and the surrounding community
- Researching possible harmful conditions in the workplace
- Finding solutions to potentially dangerous situations in the workplace and the community
- Training workers about job-related hazards
- Educating the community about the effects of hazards outside the workplace
- Providing advice and participating in the development of regulations to ensure the health and safety of workers and their families
- Ensuring compliance with all health and safety procedures
Eagle Industrial Hygiene can help you with any industrial hygiene needs.
“We have worked with this company many times and are happy to say that they are very good and thoughrough in what they do”- Anthony P.
“Would highly recommend Eagle Industrial Hygiene Associates. They are prompt and very knowledgeable.”- ServiceMaster
“Their professional staff and industrial hygienists are skilled and very well trained. I would highly recommend Eagle Industrial Hygiene for all your environmental needs.”- Rick R.
- Air contaminants: Dusts, fumes, mists, fibers, vapors, and gases
- Chemical: Harmful chemical compounds can exert toxic effects via inhalation, absorption (through direct contact with the skin), or ingestion.
- Biological: Bacteria, viruses, fungi, and other living organisms that can cause acute and chronic infections by entering the body either directly or through breaks in the skin
- Physical: Excessive levels of ionizing and nonionizing electromagnetic radiation, noise, vibration, illumination, and temperature
For more information, contact us at (215) 268-7347 today.